SPT 08: 03 DAYS MEKONG DELTA
( Cai Be - Vinh Long -
Can Tho - Cai Rang - Phong Dien - Long Xuyen - Chau Doc )
am - Return: 06.30 pm
- Cai Be - Vinh Long - Can Tho
- Pass many rice
fields along highway 1.
- Driver to Cai Be town and take BOAT TRIP
to visit Cai Be FLOATING MARKET with local people
selling & buying vegetables & fruits on boats.
- See the
production of popcorn and rice papers.
- Have lunch in Cai Be town.
- Enjoy a WONDERFUL BOAT TRIP
on beautiful CANALS through some islands and cross
Mekong River (Upper branch) to Vinh Long town.
- Walk to
see a very interesting and busy LOCAL MARKET
in Vinh Long, especially seeing many sorts of fresh-water
fish, vegetables and tropical fruits.
- Driver for 35 km
to the ferry station.
- Cross Mekong River (lower branch) by ferry to Can Tho
City, the biggest & the most developed city in Mekong
Delta, famous for rice industry, friendly & hospitable
people. Check in hotel. Free time.
DAY 2: Can
Tho- Cai Rang- Phong Dien- Long Xuyen- Chau Doc
- Take a small
motor-boat to visit very crowded CAI RANG FLOATING MARKET
with many local sellers and buyers trading vegetables and
fruits on many big and small boats.
- Enjoy a very BEAUTIFUL BOAT TRIP
on natural CANALS for about 20 Km on the way to Phong
Dien floating market.
- Stop on the way
to take a walk on the countryside path to see beautiful
landscapes with a lot of fruit gardens & discover the life
of local people in Mekong Delta who mainly live along the
- See PHONG DIEN FLOATING MARKET.
- Drive to Chau
Doc town (100 Km). Lunch break on the way.
- Visit an incense-making village in Long Xuyen City where
incense sticks are made by hands.
- Climb up SAM MOUNTAIN
in the AFTERNOON to view the border with Cambodia &
beautiful sunset over the rice paddies.
- Visit CAVE
pagoda and HOLY-LADY temple at the foot of Sam
Check in RIVER-VIEW HOTEL
located along Mekong River in Chau Doc town. Free time for
DAY 3: Chau
- Long Xuyen - My Tho - Saigon
- Boat trip to
visit a special floating village where local people are
living and raising fresh-water fish under the foundation of
- Visit a part of former Vinh Te border canal with Cambodia.
- Continue by boat to the CHAM VILLAGE on the island to see
Cham people weaving towers and sarongs as the main way of
earning their living.
- See their mosque where children learn Arabic.
Drive back to My Tho passing over a very beautiful, huge and
suspended MY THUAN bridge built over Mekong River.
Have lunch on the way.
- Visit VINH TRANG Buddhism Pagoda, one of the oldest pagoda
in Mekong Delta. Return to Ho Chi Minh City with a stop in
My Tho to visit a BONSAI GARDEN.
person in U.S. Dollars
2- 3 pax
4 pax up